Forum AMT Strona Główna
POMOC Rejestracja SzukajFAQ Zaloguj
" Klopas takes over a team that w

Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum AMT Strona Główna » Organizatorzy Zobacz poprzedni temat
Zobacz następny temat
" Klopas takes over a team that w
Autor Wiadomość
hfy962464

Post " Klopas takes over a team that w Odpowiedz z cytatem
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates came up with a second straight comeback win. Chris Davis Jersey . "Youve got to believe, though. Can you have faith?" said Jordy Mercer, whose pinch-hit double in the seventh inning tied the score. The next inning Neil Walker hit a two-run double to cap the comeback from a five-run deficit as Pittsburgh beat the Toronto Blue Jays 8-6 on Saturday night. The Pirates erased a 5-3, ninth-inning deficit in a win over the Blue Jays on Friday and clawed back from deficits of 5-0 in the fourth a 6-2 in the seventh Saturday. Aaron Loup relieved R.A. Dickey after Clint Barmes leadoff double in the seventh, and the Pirates tied the score on Josh Harrisons RBI double, Pedro Alvarezs run-scoring groundout and Mercers two-run double. "It just blew up on us," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "I cant tell you anything more than that." The game-tying hit was a longtime coming for Mercer, who entered the game with a .151 batting average and hadnt driven in a run since April 15. "I know everybody here has my back so I dont think its really a confidence issue," Mercer said. "I think getting a hit for the team was bigger than anything." One inning later, Ike Davis reached on a one-out infield single against Todd Redmond (0-3), Harrison singled and Walker hit a drive off the top of the wall in centre field. "Tonight was one of the nights we didnt play real great defence, we didnt pitch real well, but somehow we found a way to win in the end," Walker said. "It doesnt have to be pretty." The Pirates could have boosted their lead in the ninth, but Starling Marte lined out to first against Chad Jenkins with the bases loaded. Bryan Morris (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth, and Mark Melancon earned his first save of the season in place of injured closer Jason Grilli, retiring Colby Ramus on a game-ending groundout with two on. Pittsburgh, which overcame four errors, won consecutive games for the first time since beating St. Louis and the Chicago Cubs on April 6 and 8. Torontos Jose Bautista hit his ninth homer of the year, extended his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games. He set a Blue Jays record by reaching base in a 30th consecutive game. "I dont think that were going to start pointing fingers at anybody just because weve lost a couple games in a particular fashion," Bautista said. Dickey allowed three runs, five hits and four walks, lowering his ERA to 5.01. "Hes a quality pitcher, an All-Star, hes won 20 games in the big leagues and he was on tonight," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "So as soon as hes out, its just better. Its no knock against anybody else, its just going to be different." Pirates starter Francisco Liriano gave up five runs -- four earned -- six hits and three walks in 3 2-3 innings, the second straight start he failed to reach the fourth. "I was trying to throw my sinker down and away and just missed my spots," Liriano said. Toronto built its early lead on Jose Reyes RBI double in the third and a four-run fourth that included Brett Lawries run-scoring double over Marte in left, Rasmus RBI single, Steve Tollesons run-scoring, double-play grounder and a bases-loaded walk to Melky Cabrera. Pittsburghs comeback began in the fourth when Dickey threw a run-scoring wild pitch, and Barmes hit an RBI groundout. "Were a little bit shell-shocked right now," Gibbons said. "But weve got to turn it around. Heck, its the start of May." NOTES: The Blue Jays removed RHP Sergio Santos from his role as interim closer after he blew three of his past four save opportunities. Gibbons said Toronto will use a closer-by-committee approach until Casey Janssen (oblique) returns from the DL. ... After optioning RHP Brandon Cumpton to the minor leagues Saturday, the Pirates have an open spot in their rotation Monday when they start a three-game set against San Francisco. LHP Wandy Rodriguez (right knee) could return from the DL. ... Toronto RHP Dustin McGowan (1-1, 5.87) is scheduled to pitch Sunday against Pittsburgh RHP Edinson Volquez (1-2, 3.21). Cal Ripken Jersey . He had even more fun Friday. Coming off a sensational rookie season, Spieth opened the new year by never coming close to bogey and making a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole for a 7-under 66. Jeremy Hellickson Jersey .S. international midfielder Michael Bradley is complete. http://www.theoriolesteamshop.com/Orioles-Frank-Robinson-Kids-Jersey/ . Wheeler said Kane was just making a joke that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by "Winnipeg folks" and the media once again. Wheeler repeated that he believes Kane is a player who has the ability to help the Jets get to the next level as they try once again to reach the playoffs in 2014. He made the comments initially in an interview, when asked how the Jets could compete in the Central Division with teams that have made some high-profile off-season signings.MONTREAL -- The Montreal Impact hope that Frank Klopas has the blend of European style and American know-how theyve been seeking. The club that dominated the first half of the Major League Soccer season only to come crashing down at the end got its third head coach in as many seasons with the hiring on Wednesday of the Greek-American Klopas. The move made it official that the fiery Marco Schallibaum, whose future was in limbo since the end of the season, would not return. "I dont know whats happened in the past, but my philosophy is I always think long term," said Klopas, who signed a three-year contract as head coach and director of player personnel. "I believe in myself, that I can do a good job. "You go into a coaching situation, you know its based on results. But this is an opportunity I couldnt give up." The Impact had an American rookie head coach in Jesse Marsch in its inaugural MLS campaign in 2012, then went for one with no MLS experience in former Switzerland international fullback Schallibaum. Now the club has a native European with extensive experience in North American soccer. "It gets you thinking its the best of both worlds," said sporting director Nick De Santis. The 47-year-old Klopas, a native of Prosymna, Greece, is a former U.S. international striker who had a 39-29-23 record in three seasons in Chicago. While working as the Fires technical director, he moved in as coach of a 1-4-6 team partway through the 2011 campaign and got them to a 9-9-14 record. The following season, the Fire went 17-11-6 and made the playoffs. However, in 2013 the Fire were 14-13-7 -- the same record as Montreal. But the Impact got the fifth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot over the Fire due to a better goal differential. While Chicago replaced Klopas with Canadian coach Frank Yallop at the end of the season, Montreal chose to delay a decision on Schallibaums future for several weeks. The club insisted the former Switzerland fullbacks status was undecided even as reports swirled of a search for a new coach. The decision was finally made "a couple of days ago," said De Santis. "When a team goes through a difficult phase, but you see a team thats unable to get out of it, it becomes quite difficult," he added. "In the end, we met our goals, which is positive, but we cant hide that it was a team that struggled. "Whether it was physical or mental or the dressing room wasnt there any more, that has to be evaluated. We strongly believed that with our new structure being put in place, with the additions we wanted to add to help us keep growing, we needed to go in a different direction. In the end, it cost Marco his job." He had high praise for Klopas work in Chicago. The Fire were just the opposite of Montreal, starting the season 2-7-1 due partly to injuries and then having one of the leagues best records in the second half. "They were 17 points behind us and they were able to come within a point of making the playoffs," said De Santis. "We have to ask, when were in a difficult time, can we get out of it? Do we have the right people to keep the group together. Frank showed he can do that in the last two years." Klopas said he likes Montreal and has visited friends in the city often over the years. He even remembers the big crowds that once turned out for the Montreal Manic of the old NASL. He promised to try to learn French, as Marsch did in his year with the Impact. Schallibaum sppoke several languages. Darren ODay Jersey. . De Santis said having French-speaking personnel is important for the club, but that it is hard to find it in a coach who has MLS experience. Klopas was introduced to the teams supporters at a meeting Wednesday night. "Excited at the opportunity to play for Klopas and get the 2014 campaign underway! Welcome to the .IMFC famille," Impact defender Jeb Brovsky posted on his Twitter account. Bilingual Montreal native Mauro Biello was an option, but the Impact opted to keep him as assistant coach. The second assistant, Frenchman Philippe Eullaffroy, will be back only as director of the Impact Academy. "Mauro will continue to grow," said De Santis. "He can become a great coach and one day, it will be Mauros time to become a great coach here in Montreal. Right now, wed added someone with a lot of credibility and experience who will help us grow as a team." Schallibaum had the team in first place in July, only to plummet sharply in the second half. The Impact was routed by Houston in its first MLS playoff game, finishing the match with nine men after Andres Romero and star forward Marco Di Vaio were sent off. The team also won the Voyageurs Cup by taking the Amway Canadian Championship, although it was then ousted in the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League. Schallibaum was suspended four times for a total of five games for sideline blowups, although he had his temper under control by the end of the season. Few European coaches have found success in MLS. "I dont think a European coach is (necessarily) going to struggle, but a European coach has to do a lot of homework in terms of understanding the league and the players you play against," said De Santis. "This is not a easy league to play in. In Europe, you think of three or four top teams and the other ones are in a mix where there are some easy games. In MLS, I cant even imagine one easy game weve played in." Klopas takes over a team that will be missing 20-goal scorer Di Vaio and Romero to suspensions for the first three games -- March 8 in Dallas, March 15 at Houston and March 22 at home against Seattle. The Fire will visit Olympic Stadium on April 12. Klopas played nine seasons in Greece, winning four championships with Athens club AEK, before joining the Kansas City Wizards for the inaugural MLS campaign in 1996. He moved to Chicago in 1998 and the Fire won both the MLS Cup and the U.S. Open Cup in the clubs first season. He retired as a player after the 1999 season and worked as a television commentator until he was hired as the Fires technical director in 2008. Klopas said he wont change the teams style of play, but it will need personnel moves to strengthen the defence after the retirement of Alessandro Nesta and to find some help for Di Vaio. He also hopes to bolster the wide positions in the midfield and to get Di Vaio some help up front. "This group has been put together to play a certain way," said Klopas. "Its been a good build-up team through possession, that likes to keep the ball on the ground. "I believe in the same philosophy, the same type of soccer." Goalkeeper coach Youssef Dahha and fitness coach Paolo Pacione will also stay on. Director of soccer operations Matt Jordan was promoted to technical director, reporting to De Santis. The Impact open camp on Jan. 27 in Montreal before heading to Florida on Feb. 14 to defend its Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic title. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Pon Paź 22, 2018 07:35 Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Pon Paź 22, 2018 07:35
Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum AMT Strona Główna » Organizatorzy Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: